The Ecodesk Global Supply Chain Innovator Program is a VIP Project which currently includes GlaxoSmithKline, MGM, CA Technologies, Eurostar, ISS, MITIE, Del Monte, Reed Elsevier and Compass Group, among over 25 global organisations, representing over 1 million suppliers. Supply chain sustainability is unsustainable! Ecodesk has invested millions of dollars into platform development, plainly, so you do not need to, and we can all put time and resources into DOING great things instead of creating, sending, responding, and figuring out surveys and questionnaires. So we want to show you how we do it, without any risk to you.
Due to business strategy, communication, development, project management and resource planning, we must have your email agreement to participate by March 31st 2013.
Ecodesk is the largest sustainability database worldwide, and the market leader in supply chain analytics. This invitation is exclusively available through CSRwire who have already displayed innovator status in sustainability. Ecodesk is investing our own funds in this project. Because of this bold position, the Global Supply Chain Innovator Program is strictly limited to 50 participating organisations.
Why are we doing this?
The Ecodesk Global Supply Chain Innovator Program is designed to work closely with the world’s most innovative organisations in sustainability, to continue to develop a clear and unambiguous business case for supply chain efficiency, which precisely quantifies the savings opportunities in time, money and energy for each company individually. Ecodesk already has delivered data and results to many of the biggest of global organisations, and we now want to widen that remit to cover a broader range of sectors.
What we will do
- Our account managers work with you (under strict NDA conditions) to approach the top 50 to 500 suppliers by spend to profile energy use, carbon emissions, waste and water consumption on Ecodesk, using key messages, project planning, regular briefings, webinars, project updates.
- Once fully accounted for, Ecodesk will produce a business case for precise financial savings, exact efficiency gains, risk mitigation, and environmental stewardship, expressed in $USD, MT CO2-e, and kilowatt hours/gigajoules
- We then work closely with you, to on board the remainder of the supply chain using our Ecodesk 7.0 automated platform. In some cases a single supply chain will run to over 100,000 suppliers
How we do it
- Be the leading player and innovator. As you already know, Ecodesk is the largest live sustainability database worldwide, with over 1,000,000 profiles either live or on-boarding. Ecodesk is privately funded and supported by UK and US Government, such that we have the mandate to directly invest funds in important ventures such as the Ecodesk Global Innovator Program, exclusively with CSRwire. Our goal is to use Ecodesk to develop a compelling data driven business case for supply chain sustainability everywhere
- Focus on the certain near-term horizon. Legislation, resource scarcity and economic sense have come together to make supply chain sustainability a practical certainty. Very soon it will not be acceptable for a) no knowledge over supply chain energy use and associated waste, b) the mitigation of energy use as far as possible. We can now calculate the risk, the spend, and the opportunity for savings. Indicated in part by the UK LSE mandatory reporting legislation which comes into effect in April, it will be a fiduciary responsibility for organisations to act to drive efficiency as far as possible. It also makes simple business sense
- Put our money where our mouth is. Ecodesk account managers prepare special web pages, project plans, and communication updates for each Innovator. Through the Innovator Program, we then work closely with the sustainability professionals who invite their own suppliers, starting with the largest 50 to 500 by spend, to register on Ecodesk for free (just as you have done). At Ecodesk expense, we follow-up with each and every Phase 1 supplier ensuring they have all the information needed to complete a profile.
- Develop a laser focused business case. We then develop a business case (again at our cost), for the measurable cost reduction in indirect energy use in the supply chain, which can in some cases run to tens of millions of dollars. The business case can if you wish be presented by us face to face to procurement, finance, risk and operations colleagues. This in turn provides an opportunity to discuss mandatory reporting matters, prevailing legislative boundaries, and next steps. The intention is to illustrate that suppliers, and their suppliers too represent significant cost, risk, and reputation issues. By effectively mapping this – strategies will emerge to mitigate the factors as far as possible.
- Invite-only development. Innovators receive exclusive access to our development team led by Paul Creamer, CTO. We encourage you to make suggestions and drive adoption of new functionality, as far as our team and funding allows. For example, we recently worked closely with a group of Innovators who are part of the EICC to create conflict minerals functionality, which is now live. We currently have working groups in diversity/social KPIs, data security and Chinese language, among others. Are we missing something your suppliers or customers need to report to? We can build it for you.
- Listen to Innovators, and continually develop the business case. We will be running workshops in best practice led by Innovators with special invited guests in 2013, and we will be inviting you separately to these events. We will encourage you to mix with your counterparts and learn from them, as they can from you. We will also be sending periodic papers, opinion pieces and case studies exclusively to Innovators. We wish to make individual webinars and face-to-face events possible for Innovator clients and suppliers.
- Communicate Globally. Ecodesk will run issues-based PR and media communication throughout 2013. Such that it benefits your organisation, we will be directly in touch to solicit views, quotes and materials as it suits, and subject to your availability. Our media program will extend to video media, national and international press, including the FT, WSJ and Economist.
- Influence the Influencers. Ecodesk will be personally soliciting your ideas and specific issues, and delivering feedback into sustainability agenda we are currently co-operating with. These organisations include the World Economic Forum, The World Bank, The White House, The Open Business Forum (UK Government), the on-going discussion on data transparency between the US Treasury and UK Cabinet Office, the Department of Energy and Climate Change, the UN Global Compact, WBCSD together with prevailing themes and strategic engagements with all prominent industry consortia operating worldwide.
What you need to do
Once again, Ecodesk are deploying our own resources to run this program through the duration of 2013, for 50 organisations, and a long term commitment to provide the best individual service. Your organisation does not need to deploy extra resources in order to participate (quite the opposite, in fact). However, In order to take the project seriously, you must track your own supply chain as part of the project. Your organisation must simply be able to follow progress by accessing Ecodesk live enterprise level tools, such as supply chain dashboard, trend analysis, tables and filters. To qualify for the Ecodesk Global Supply Chain Innovator Program therefore, you need to have been directly invited and you must upgrade your current subscription to Enterprise Subscriber to access the appropriate tracking functionality. (USD$399/month). If after 1 month you are not satisfied with the service provided through our Innovator program, we will refund the funds in full.
Yes I’m Interested!